What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® clear aligners are orthodontic devices that help fix crowded teeth, teeth gaps, and bite problems such as crossbites, overbites, and underbites. It is made of transparent aligner trays that are custom-made to fit your natural teeth. They fix your malocclusion by putting just enough pressure to move your crooked teeth to their proper positions. They can be easily removed when eating or brushing.
Invisalign aligners are typically worn for two weeks and will be changed with a new set of aligner trays. We will provide you with customized Invisalign clear aligners and help you achieve straighter teeth at Rolling Hills Dental.
With the help of CAD/CAM software, Invisalign® clear aligners have become a good alternative orthodontic treatment to braces. Their transparent features are also a huge advantage especially for self-conscious teenagers and professional workers who constantly need to communicate with their clients. Moreover, since they’re removable you can easily clean them after every meal.
The Process of Installing Invisalign® Clear Aligners
The following steps are how Invisalign are created and installed:
- Examination – A thorough consultation will be conducted by your dentist to check if Invisalign treatment is best suited for your dental condition. You may talk to your dentist and ask for more details about the treatment and its cost.
- Evaluation – An accurate assessment of your dental records are made namely:
- Bite record – Your bite will be registered.
- Dental Impressions – A precise dental impression will be taken using either a paste or a digital scanner.
- Digital X-rays – For your dentist to determine the position of the tooth roots and the jaw bone’s density, digital x-rays are taken either via panoramic, full-mouth series, or both.
- Photographs – Pictures of a patient’s front, side, and close-ups of both the smile and dental arches are needed for Invisalign treatment.
- Treatment simulation – A simulation of the Invisalign procedure will be generated by the staff at Invisalign® technology. This simulation includes the display of the different stages of readjustment and may also include the final alignment of your teeth. The simulation will be forwarded to us at Rolling Hills Dental for any needed alterations or once it has been finalized.
- Production and delivery – Your Invisalign clear aligners will then be created using computer-aided manufacturing (CAM). Once done, it will then be forwarded to our office.
Advantages of Invisalign® Clear Aligners:
- Virtually Invisible – One of the biggest benefits of Invisalign® Clear Aligners is that they’re made of translucent, medical-grade plastic trays. Thus, patients do not have to worry about their outer appearance during treatment.
- Detachable – Invisalign aligners are removable which makes cleaning them much easier. You can also remove them when you’re eating or brushing.
- More Comfortable to Wear – Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign is made from plastic trays. Thus, they do not have any sharp edges and are less likely to poke your gums.
- Customization – Invisalign is custom-made to fit your teeth naturally.
- Less Treatment Period – The duration of an Invisalign treatment is normally shorter than traditional braces.
- Simulated Outcome – With the help of Invisalign® technology, a simulated outcome can be generated and you’ll be able to take a sneak peek at the final results.
After-Care for Invisalign® Clear Aligners
Proper care for Invisalign® aligners is crucial if you want to successfully achieve the desired results. You must know what to do and the things you must avoid to keep both your aligners and mouth clean. Here are some tips to help maintain your clear aligners:
- Regularly clean your aligners – Remove them before you eat and clean them before you put them back in your mouth. You may also soak them in a sanitizing solution. Make sure to rinse them first with clean water before putting them back on.
- Constant practice of good dental hygiene – Keeping your teeth and mouth clean is as important as keeping your aligners clean. Food particles trapped between your teeth may cause tooth decay and gum disease that’s why don’t forget to brush at least twice a day and floss every day. You can also use a mouthwash to help rinse the remaining food debris that your toothbrush or dental floss wasn’t able to remove.
- Exercise safety measures during traveling – Even with careful management, there are still circumstances that you cannot prevent when you’re outside. Thus, having your previous set or next set of aligners is a good precaution in case your current set of aligners gets lost or broken.
Knowing what things you must avoid is also necessary for taking better care of your aligners. The following are a few tips of the things you must refrain from doing to prolong the lifespan of your aligners:
- Remove your aligners before eating or drinking – Eating foods and drinking beverages while wearing your aligners can potentially cause them to stain except for drinking water. Moreover, it will be harder to clean them.
- Avoid using toothpaste to clean your aligners – Using toothpaste to clean your clear aligners is not recommended as they contain certain chemicals that can potentially harm and color your aligners. You must soak your aligners in an appropriate sanitizing solution instead.
- Make sure not to drop your aligners – Invisalign are rather delicate thus, you must handle them with care to prevent them from damaging. It is advised to store them at a secure place when you’re not wearing them.
Serving Palos Verdes
If you happen to live in or near the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Torrance, Redondo Beach or anywhere in the South Bay, then your best option for the orthodontic treatment is to visit us at Rolling Hills Dental Group. Our dentists. Dr. Jeff Goodman, Jerry Bottomley, Norton Donner or Kevin Lin are highly qualified and renowned dentist in Los Angeles County. They have been providing general dentistry and affordable orthodontic treatment services to the residents of Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates, Torrance, Redondo Beach and the entire South Bay for many years. Let us take good care of all your dental problems at Rolling Hills Dental Group, where we provide exceptional dentistry for the quality conscious